June 25, 2024

セブ市 酒類禁止令再び発動

セブ市のラベラ市長が昨年10月に解除された酒類禁止令を再びという形になりました。

市長は会見で「酒」がCOVID-19症例の原因であると語りました。
酒の提供が行われている施設の大半がソーシャルディスタンスを行わず、警察からの指摘にも意を介さない状況だったようです。

今回行われる禁止令によって、セブ市内のすべての施設や公共の場での酒の提供・販売・飲酒が禁止されます。

この期に及んでのこのセブ市長の判断には正直、絶句します。記事原文によりますと市長は現在の感染の拡大は飲酒が原因だと発言したようです。飲食店における飲酒で気の緩みやマスク着脱時間が長くなったり、酔った客同士が感染を引き起こしやすい状況を生む可能性が高いことは日本でも指摘を受けています。

ですが、その対策が「お酒を飲むことを禁止する」というのであればいったいセブ市はどれほどの啓もう活動や宣伝周知活動を行ってきたのか、その結果として決断なのか、飲食店はただそれに従うだけなのか、憤りすら感じます。

飲食店経営のさらなる運営悪化は必至です。

以下ABS-CBN NEWSより

Cebu City orders total liquor ban anew due to rising COVID-19 cases

CEBU CITY — Mayor Edgardo Labella on Tuesday said the local government would reimplement a liquor ban in the city due to the rising number of COVID-19 infections.

Despite the city being placed under modified general community quarantine (MGCQ), the lowest of all lockdown restrictions in the country, the mayor said he would still issue an executive order on the ban.

“I have realized that this has been the cause of the spike (of COVID19 cases),” Labella said in a virtual press conference.

The liquor ban, which will start Wednesday, will disallow all establishments of serving, selling, and drinking in all establishments and public places in the city. The local government lifted the ban in October last year as the area transitioned to MGCQ.

Cebu City enforces strict COVID-19 protocols amid rise in COVID-19 cases
“I didn’t get this from thin air, I got this as a recommendation from the police,” he said.

The Cebu City Police Office, meanwhile, reportedly noted that most of the establishments that allowed drinking did not follow minimum health protocols such as physical distancing, among others, according to the mayor.

“We cannot go back to losing the economy again if we go back to GCQ,” Labella explained