October 3, 2023

NCR+現金支給策”ayuda” 感染防止踏まえ期限延長へ

内務・地方政府省(DILG)は、NCR+地域で行われている財政支援の期限延長の要請に応じるそうです。

現在NCR+地域では”ayuda”と呼ばれる現金支給策が行われていますが、該当施設で手渡しで配給されるため感染防止の対策を踏まえるとなかなか効率良く回すことができず、ケソン市を例に挙げると対象者は280万人いますが1日の限度は2千人ほど。
しかし市長は、2千人でも距離を保つのは難しく更に人数を減らし、対応するべきだと述べており、それに伴う配布期限の延長を要請しています。

制限強化により経済・生活的ダメージを受けた市民にとっては”ayuda”は必須。
しかしながら、感染防止対策をとりながらの”現金支給”ではスピードを出せないのが現状です。
なら、振り込むなり”現金”以外の支給方法を取ればいいのでは?と思いがちですが、ここがお国の事情ということなのでしょうか。(一部地域では電子取引での支給も予定されています。)

再び、感染増加に拍車がかかり始めたフィリピン。
現在の支給額では賄えないダメージが今後最低でも数日は続くものと思われるため、制限強化を強いられる市民と感染防止への対策が求められます。

以下、MANILA BULLETINより

Need more time? DILG inclined to approve 15-day payout extension of cash aid in NCR+

The Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) is leaning towards acceding to calls for the extension of the national government’s financial assistance distribution in Metro Manila and four adjacent provinces placed under the enhanced community quarantine (ECQ), a top official bared Friday, April 9.

 

DILG Officer-in-Charge (OIC) Bernardo Florece Jr., who graced the cash aid distribution at the Manuel Luis Quezon Elementary School in Quezon City, admitted that the department is considering to extend the deadline for the distribution of “ayuda” (cash aid) especially in populous areas.

“For example in Quezon City, Mayor Joy [Belmonte] requested that we extend it. We understand that,” Florece said, noting that Quezon City has 2.8 million recipients of the cash aid.

 

The DILG official revealed that the Quezon City government is currently handing out the financial dole-out to 2,000 beneficiaries per day.

“But at 2,000 [beneficiaries per day], social distancing is too difficult to maintain. But if we reduce the capacity to 1,000 and in the other cities it is only 500, then that is about the right number,” he added.

On the contrary, Florece disclosed that at a rate of 1,000 or 500 beneficiaries per day, the current deadline of cash aid distirbution in NCR, Bulacan, Cavite, Laguna, and Rizal (NCR Plus) will not be met.

Florece said the pay-out process of the LGUs in the NCR Plus was done almost simultaneously with the exception of Naic, Cavite as it has not yet started since the list of beneficiaries is still being scrutinized.

 

“Although the list from the DSWD [Department of Social Welfare and Development] has been examined, it is still being double-checked. But eventually, the distribution will push through,” Florece assured.

He added that around three barangays in Metro Manila have not started their pay-out yet.

He, however, said the barangays will send the cash aid to the beneficiaries through online transactions such as Gcash, Paymaya, and Western Union.

 

“The payout has not started because a MOA [memorandum of agreement] has yet to be signed with the establishments. Once signed, the distribution will be easier,” he said.

The DILG previously announced that the distribution of cash assistance in NCR+ shall be completed by the LGUs in 15 days. The distribution started on Wednesday, April 7.